How are you?
In the text that follows, we bare our hearts out about all the rules and regulations that we follow when it comes to our Operations. We suggest you follow them as well to keep this revolutionary machine called Rentezee well-oiled and smooth functioning :)
Do note that there is a lot of legal jargon used. Our lawyer (we Hate him, seriously!) told us that it’s in our best interests to state some of these rules and terms. Those are just in case matters do get out of hand. Trust us, Rentezee’s Customer Cheer Team won’t let that happen. They are champs.
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.rentezee.com (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned by Aemulator E-Commerce Private Limited, herein referred to as Rentezee.
We also promise You a satisfactory experience to the best of Our capabilities!
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the Rentezee website and shall not transact on or use the website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. Rentezee reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to our notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to Us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
We would like You to stay updated about the latest developments at Rentezee. This can be via Blogs, Newsletters and don’t mind if we sometimes call you up
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Website is a platform that Users utilize to meet and interact with one another for their transactions and renting out products/services on a rental basis for a specified duration. At the end of the said duration, the renter will have to return the product back to the Merchant. Rentezee is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between the Website's Users which include, but not limited to the merchant and renters.
1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyer/renters and Merchants alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sale/rents services related to products and services. Rentezee does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyer/renters and Merchants.
2. Rentezee does not make any representation or Warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, scalability, etc) of the products or services proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased/rented on the Website. Rentezee does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale/rent or purchase/rental of any products or services on the Website. Rentezee accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
3. Rentezee is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyer/renters and Merchants. Rentezee cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyer/renters and/or Merchants will perform any transaction concluded on the Website. Rentezee shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Buyer/renters and Merchants.
4. Rentezee does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc) of any of its Users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular User that You choose to deal with on the Website and use Your best judgment in that behalf.
5. Rentezee does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer/renter and Merchant on the Website come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Merchant nor does it at any point gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by Merchant to Buyer/renter.
6. At no time shall Rentezee hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall Rentezee have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Buyer/renters and Merchants. Rentezee is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
7. Rentezee is only a platform that can be utilized by Users to reach a larger base to buy/rent and sell products or services. Rentezee is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale/rent of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the Merchant and the Buyer/renter.
At no time shall Rentezee hold any any right, title or interest over the products nor shall Rentezee have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract. Rentezee is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
8. You shall independently agree upon the manner and terms and conditions of delivery, payment, insurance etc. with the merchant(s) that You transact with.
Disclaimer: Pricing on any product(s) as is reflected on the Website, due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information published by merchant, may be incorrectly reflected and in such an event merchant may cancel your order(s).
10. Rentezee on request of the Merchant, may collect an amount as ‘Security Deposit’ for the products rented out. In case the product is damaged when returned, the Merchant has the right to claim the security deposit from Rentezee solely on their discretion. In those cases where cost of repair/replacement of rented product is beyond the security deposit collected, the Merchant may demand a reasonable amount from User with no involvement of Rentezee at any stage.
9. You release and indemnify Rentezee and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the Users of the Website and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Rentezee cannot take responsibility or control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Website. You may find other User's information to be offensive, harmful, inconsistent, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Website.
Please note that there could be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
Membership on the Website is free for buyer/renters. Rentezee does not charge any fee for buying on the Website. Rentezee reserves the right to change its Fee Policy from time to time. In particular, Rentezee may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Website. In such an event, Rentezee reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee Policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in India for making payments to Aemulator E-commerce Private Limited.
Use of the Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
(a) belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right to;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(c) is misleading in any way;
(d) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(e) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(f) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming";
(g) promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
(h) infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(i) promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see "Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(j) contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(k) provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(l) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(m) contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
(n) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
(p) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
(q) interferes with another USER's use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual's User and enjoyment of similar services;
(s) harm minors in any way;
(t) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale/rent of counterfeit or stolen products;
(u) violates any law for the time being in force;
(v) deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(w) impersonate another person;
(x) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
(y) threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
(z) shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
(aa) shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
(ab) shall not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers;
2. You shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about Us or the brand name or domain name used by Us including, but not limited to, the terms Rentezee, Rentezee.com, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of Rentezee or merchants on Our platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Rentezee's trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Rentezee's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Rentezee.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person's use of the Website.
7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to Us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sale/rents Tax/VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase/rental, solicitation of offers to purchase/rental, and sale/rent of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
11. From time to time, You shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by You. In this connection, You undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
13. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
14. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
15. Rentezee shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on Site
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that You (1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
This Website, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Rentezee does not warrant that:
This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Rentezee will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. Rentezee does not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. All the Products sold on Website are governed by different state laws and if Merchant is unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different state laws, Merchant will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by Merchant from the sale/rent of such Product that could not be delivered to You.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates.
The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amounts that you may have received from the Buyer/renter. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Website. Rentezee reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories
Services - Payment
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or
Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/rentals/services on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases/rentals made on Website.
Before shipping / delivering your order to you, Merchant may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase/rental. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
1. Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer/renter and Merchant and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer/renter and Merchant to facilitate the completion of the Transaction. Use of the payment facility shall not render Rentezee liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after sale/rents or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and /or services listed on Rentezee's Website.
3. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Rentezee is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Renetezee Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, Rentezee is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyer/renters:
You, as a Buyer/renter, understand that upon initiating a Transaction, You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Merchant to purchase/rental the products and /or services from the Merchant using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Merchant using Payment Facility.
You may have to pay the rent in advance to the Merchant as per their rules of payment. An amount, in the name of ‘Security Deposit’, may also be collected by the vendor as a safety amount in case of damage to the product.
After the end of rental period, if the product is retuned in the same condition as it was before the start of rental period, then the entire security deposit shall be returned to the customer. However, the Merchant, and in cases where applicable, Rentezee holds all the rights to decide if the condition of the product is same as before the rental period.
In case of a damage to a product, the Merchant also has the rights to claim additional amount from the renter for repair/replacement as they seem fit with Rentezee not getting involved at any stage or process.
You, as a Buyer/renter, may agree with the Merchant through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
You, as a Buyer/renter, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Rentezee Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction. In case of Cash On Delivery transactions, Buyer/renter is not required to confirm the receipt of products or services.
You, as a Buyer/renter, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction (barring circumstances that are out of control for either You or Us) or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time, then this would make You ineligible for a refund.
You, as a Buyer/renter, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services
Except for Cash On Delivery transaction, refund, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where Transaction Price was received.
For Cash On Delivery transactions, refunds, if any, will be made via demand draft in favour of the Buyer/renter (As per registration details provided by the Buyer/renter). Only if the Buyer/renter agrees, We can transfer the amount to an online wallet of the Buyer/renter’s choice.
Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Rentezee in case of any misuse by Buyer/renter.
Refund shall be subject to Buyer/renter complying with Policies.
4. Rentezee reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Rentezee may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer/renter during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
5. Rentezee reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyer/renters with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer/renter with Rentezee or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
6. Rentezee may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyer/renters commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer/renter for security or other reasons at the discretion of Rentezee. As a result of such check, if Rentezee is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer/renter or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyer/renters commitment to pay Transaction Price.
7. Rentezee may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Merchant to Dispatch, if Rentezee deems suspicious or for Buyer/renters conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Rentezee may hold Transaction Price and Rentezee may not inform Merchant to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer/renter) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer/renter is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
8. The Buyer/renter and Merchant acknowledge that Rentezee will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Rentezee.
9. The contract has a lock-in period that is equivalent to the tenure of the contract that is agreed by the customer while booking the product(s).
10. In case the contract is terminated before the end-date, You must give 1 weeks’ notice to Rentezee, the remaining rent will be deducted from the security deposit. If the remaining rent is more than the security deposit, the complete security deposit shall be withheld and You will be notified to pay the balance. By defaulting on this, You would be giving Us the right to employ third parties to enforce You to clear the dues.
11. In case of defaulting on payment for more than 10 days following the due date, Rentezee has the right to physically remove the items from the customer’s premises. Any opposition from the User’s side regarding this will give Us the right to employ third parties to enforce the removal of rented products from customers’ premises.
12. Delivered items cannot be returned unless they have major defects & are non-functional. Once accepted by the customer or his/her representative at the time of delivery, items will not be replaced before completion of the tenure. However, You can replace it with a different model of the same category/product. However, this will be considered as a separate transaction and appropriate charges will be levied.
13. Though we conduct detailed quality checks before delivery, it is advisable to check if there are any damages at the time of delivery and report the same to representative of Rentezee. In case an elevator isn’t available at the delivery location or the products cannot be fitted inside the available elevator, labor charges shall be applicable for using the staircase. For every two products -
A. Upto the 2nd floor, Free
B. From 3rd to 4th Floor, Rs. 200
C. From 5th Floor to 7th Floor, Rs. 500
D. 8th Floor and Above, Rs. 1000
Damages and Refunds
The customer will not be charged for regular wear and tear. If the damage caused to the product is repairable, then the cost of repair from an authorized repair center will be charged and deducted from the security deposit.
If the repair cost exceeds the security deposit, then the balance must be paid by the customer. If the item is non repairable, then the customer will have to pay the full cost of the product. Any opposition by customer to both these scenarios will give Us the right to employ third parties to enforce the same.
Refund will be via the same means as the payment – Bank Transfer, Online Wallet, Cheque/DD, etc. Customer will be intimated beforehand if there is any change regarding this.
Any such requests that do not pertain to the procedure mentioned in this Agreement will not be facilitated.
The refund process will take up to 2-5 working days.
Compliance with Laws:
9. Buyer/renter and Merchant shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made thereunder, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Rentezee Website.
Buyer/renter's arrangement with Issuing Bank:
10. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer/renter and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
11. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer/renter and the respective Issuing Bank.
The Wallet ("Wallet") is a pre-paid payment instrument which is associated with your Website account. You can maintain a balance of money with such specific Merchant (if permitted), and redeem it at your convenience. Please note that Merchant will be the issuer of wallet and Merchant shall be responsible for redeeming the money lying to your credit of your wallet account and Rentezee does not assume any risk, liability or responsibility with respect to wallet money.
Merchant will not pay any interest on the amount maintained by you in your Merchant specific Wallet.
The Replacement policy seeks to assist Buyer/renters who have been defrauded by qualified merchants on the Website. Only if at the time of delivery and/or if any defect is found, then the buyer/renter of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from the merchant subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Notify merchant of any defects in the product/s at the time of delivery of the product/s
2. Replacement can be for the entire product/s or part/s of the product subject to availability of the same with the merchant.
Following products shall not be eligible for return or replacement:
• Damages due to misuse of product;
• Incidental damage due to malfunctioning of product;
• Any consumable item which has been used/installed;
• Products with tampered or missing serial/UPC numbers;
• Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the box, manufacturer's packaging if any, and all other items originally included with the product/s delivered;
On Clothing, Footwear and Jewellery, some merchants might accept exchange subject to the Clothes and footwear are not used (other than for trial), altered, washed, soiled or damaged in any way. Original tags and packaging should be intact. For items that come in branded packaging, the box should be undamaged. Damaged or defective clothing and footwear products are meanwhile covered by the 30 Day Replacement Guarantee.
All this will be mentioned in the Product Details as We want You to have complete knowledge before paying.
If Rentezee has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyer/renters and merchants are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then Rentezee, while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against member, may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer/renter and merchant and /or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
Rentezee reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Rentezee may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such user and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Jurisdictional Issues - Sale/rent in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Website is presented solely for the purpose of sale/rent in India. Rentezee makes no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than India do so on their own initiative and Rentezee is not responsible for supply of products/refund for the products ordered from other locations/countries other than India, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by Rentezee and products are sold by respective Merchants. All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on Website is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other website or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
Rentezee respects the intellectual property of others. In case You feel that Your Trademark has been infringed, You can write to Rentezee at info@Rentezee.com.
We do not warrant that Product description or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
Limitation of Liability
Rentezee prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area.
This policy extends to text within listings, on Merchant pages and all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title for the item being sold, We allow Merchants to 'blur' out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***).
Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
Report offensive Display Names
Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise
If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactions conducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning.
Rentezee will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user's trading records before taking action.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
Limits placed on account privileges;
Loss of special status;
The Replacement Guarantee seeks to assist Buyer/renters who have been defrauded by qualified merchants on the Website. If at the time of delivery and/or within specified days from the date of delivery of the product/s, if any defect is found, then the buyer/renter of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from the merchant.
If Rentezee has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyer/renters and merchants are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then Rentezee may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against User may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer/renter and merchant and /or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program.
Rentezee reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Rentezee may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
For more details related to Replacement Policy, refer to pages/cancel-return
Termination of Use and Returns Policy
The contract a customer signs at the time of delivery has a lock-in period that is equivalent to the tenure of the contract that is agreed by the customer while booking the product(s).
If the Customer shall return the Equipment on the date specified as “End Date” in the same condition as Customer had received it, except for normal wear and tear, full security deposit shall be refunded, only after a thorough quality check.
In case the Agreement is terminated before the date specified as “End Date”, the customer must give 1 week’s notice to Rentezee for pickup. The Customer agrees to pay the balance amount in this case. The balance amount is calculated as:
(Actual tenure rent - Contract tenure rent) * No. of months of Actual tenure
We will explain with the two cases below:
Let’s say there is a product, Product A, available for the durations 3 months and 6 months.
You rent a Product A for 6 months. But You return it in just1 month or less. The balance amount due is calculated as:
(Rent for 3 months – Rent for 6 months) * 1 month
You rent Product A for 6 months. But You return it in 3 - 5 months. The balance amount due is calculated as:
(Rent for 3 months – Rent for 6 months) * (No. of months You have used Product A for)
In case the Customer does not provide 1 week’s notice and wishes to return the equipment in a time lesser than 1 week, the Customer agrees to pay an additional charge of (50% of the security deposit)for every product.
If Customer is not available at the pickup time-slot given by the Customer, the Customer must pay an additional Rs. 300 as penalty per visit.
Definition of Return: 'Return' is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased/rented by the Buyer/renter to the Merchant on the Rentezee website. Following situations may arise:
Item was defective
Item was damaged during the Shipping
Products was / were missing
Wrong item was sent by the Merchant.
Return could also result in refund of money in most of the cases.
Points to be noted:
Merchant can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
If Merchant disagrees a return request, Buyer/renter can file a dispute under the Buyer/renter Protection Program*.
We encourage the Buyer/renter to review the listing before making the purchase/rental decision. In case Buyer/renter orders a wrong item, Buyer/renter shall not be entitled to any return/refund.
Buyer/renter need to raise the refund request within 10 days from the date of payment realization. Once Buyer/renter has raised a return request by contacting us, Merchant while closing the return ticket can select one of the following:
Replace after shipment collection - Merchant has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer/renter before replacing it
Refund after shipment collection - Merchant has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer/renter before refunding
Refund without shipment collection - Merchant has agreed to refund the buyer/renter without expecting the original shipment back)
Replace without shipment collection - Merchant has agreed to replace the order without expecting the original shipment back)
In the event the Merchant accepts the return request raised by the Buyer/renter, Buyer/renter will have to return the product and then the refund shall be credited to the Buyer/renters account.
Further for returns being made by Buyer/renter to the Merchant of the product, the following parameters needs to be ensured by the Buyer/renter:
2-Should be included
4-Should be included
5-Sports & Equipment
6-Should be included and Others Should be non damaged
If the product being returned is not in accordance with the above parameters, then Buyer/renter shall not be entitled to any refund of money from the Merchant.
Shipping cost for returning the product shall be borne and incurred by the Merchant.
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer/renter can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped and the like.
Points to be noted:
Merchant can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
If Merchant disagrees for a return request, Buyer/renter can file a dispute under Buyer/renter Protection Program*.
Buyer/renter need to raise the replacement request within 10 days from the date of delivery of products. Once Buyer/renter has raised a replacement request by contacting Us on the Toll Free Number provided on the Website. Once the replacement request has been raised, the following steps shall be followed:
1. Buyer/renter is asked for "Reason for Return". Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
Shipping was damaged
Item was defective
Item Dead on Arrival
Item(s) were missing
Wrong item sent
2. An intimation shall be provided to Merchant seeking either "approval" or "rejection" of the replacement request.
3. In case the Merchant accepts the replacement request, Buyer/renter shall be required to return the product to the Merchant and only after return of the product, Merchant shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer/renter.
4. In case Merchant rejects the replacement request, Buyer/renter can choose to raise a dispute by writing to info@rentezeecom.
In case the Merchant doesn't have the product at all, Merchant can provide the refund to the Buyer/renter and Buyer/renter shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement.
If the Merchant doesn't respond to the Buyer/renter's replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer/renter, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer/renter and Merchant shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Buyer/renter.
All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by the Merchant.
Disputes (Resolutions) Policy
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Rentezee. However, there may be some cases where both the Buyer/renters and Merchants may face issues. At Rentezee, we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyer/renters and Merchants.
What is a 'dispute'?
A 'Dispute' can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer/renter and a Merchant in connection with a transaction on the Website.
How does a 'dispute' occur in the Marketplace?
Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer/renter and the Merchant. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a Buyer/renter/Merchant raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer/renter raises a dispute, the Merchant's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
How is a 'dispute' created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer/renter can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, while the Merchant can write to email@example.com, in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
What are the various types of 'disputes'?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
1. Wrong item received
2. Item Not as described
Damaged or Seal broken on Product
Item not Compatible
Merchant Description/Specification Wrong
Defective (Functional issues)
Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
In case the Merchant rejects the return request of the Buyer/renter, and Buyer/renter raises a dispute, then Rentezee will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer/renter, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Merchant. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Merchant, Buyer/renter is entitled to any refund.
Buyer/renter Protection Program
In case of a dispute where the Merchant is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, Rentezee will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The Buyer/renter Protection Program covers Buyer/renters who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the Merchant or are not satisfied the resolution provided by the Merchant.
The Buyer/renter can write to firstname.lastname@example.org if the issue with the Merchant is not resolved. Rentezee's Customer Support team will look into the case to check for possible fraud and if the Buyer/renter has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases/rentals on the Website. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can be registered.
In due course of resolution, Rentezee's Customer Support Team will facilitate a conference call including the Merchant and the Buyer/renter.
When a dispute has been raised, Rentezee may provide both the parties access to each others Display Names, contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyer/renters and Merchants are subject to final consent from Rentezee for settling the dispute.
Buyer/renter Eligibility and Restrictions
Only the Buyer/renters who have purchased/rented the product on Rentezee are eligible for the Buyer/renter Protection Program.
Buyer/renters can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product
Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer/renter's responsibility. Buyer/renters should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
To be able to take advantage of the Buyer/renter Protection Program, Buyer/renters should first contact the Merchant and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer/renter doesn't hear from the Merchant or is unable to resolve the issue with the Merchant even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Rentezee by writing an email to email@example.com
Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer/renter Protection Program
If the Buyer/renter has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under Buyer/renter Protection Program, though in such cases a Merchant can file a claim through the Merchant Protection Program.
Blacklisted and Blocked Buyer/renters are not covered by the Buyer/renter Protection Program.
Buyer/renters who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyer/renters can make a maximum of 5 claims per year on Rentezee.
Through the Buyer/renter Protection program, Rentezee does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyer/renters for products sold on Rentezee against technical/manufacturing defects.
Raising disputes against Merchants does not automatically entitle the Buyer/renter to a refund or replacement for the product purchased/rented. Rentezee shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
Rentezee shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/renter/Merchant.
Claims of the nature of 'Buyer/renter remorse' (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer/renter by mistake or where the Buyer/renter chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased/rented by him) will not be entertained through this program.
Rentezee reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Rentezee may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
Decisions made by Rentezee under the Buyer/renter Protection Program shall be final and binding on its Users.
Rentezee reserves the right to modify / discontinue Buyer/renter Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users.
Through this program, Rentezee shall not entertain claims of Buyer/renters who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Merchant.
Rentezee Customer Support Team may seek additional information / clarification from Buyer/renter to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event Buyer/renter does not respond with information / clarification sought within 10 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the Merchant.
Disputes via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
1. Item not received CB - Buyer/renter hasn't received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies
2. Unauthorized CB - Buyer/renter hasn't made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
Merchant expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Merchant. Furthermore, Merchant shall ensure that invoices state "Powered by Rentezee" and failing to do so Merchant will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
3. Item not as described - meaning item is not what Buyer/renter expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.
Email Abuse & Threat Policy
Private communication, including email correspondence, is not regulated by Rentezee. Rentezee encourages its Users to be professional, courteous and respectful when communicating by email.
However, Rentezee will investigate and can take action on certain types of unwanted emails that violate Rentezee policies.
Threats of Bodily Harm - Rentezee does not permit Users to send explicit threats of bodily harm.
Misuse of Rentezee System - Rentezee allows Users to facilitate transactions through the Rentezee system, but will investigate any misuse of this service.
Spoof (Fake) email - Rentezee will never ask you to provide sensitive information through email. In case you receive any spoof (fake) email, you are requested tore port the same to Us through 'Contact Us' tab.
Spam (Unsolicited Commercial email) - Rentezee's spam policy applies only to unsolicited commercial messages sent by Rentezee Users. Rentezee Users are not allowed to send spam messages to other Users.
Offers to Buy/renter Sell Outside of Rentezee - Rentezee prohibits email offers to buy/renter sell listed products outside of the Rentezee Website. Offers of this nature are a potential fraud risk for both Buyer/renters and Merchants.
Rentezee policy prohibits user-to-user threats of physical harm via any method including, phone, email and on Our public message boards.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
Limits on account privileges
Cancellation of listings
Loss of special status
Rentezee does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website's APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Rentezee assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. Rentezee does not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Rentezee does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.
Please contact us for any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Website at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Akshit Kumar,
Rentezee, C-1/71, Second Floor, Ardee City, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Phone: +91 8130102364
Time: Mon - Sat (9:00 - 21:00)